National Grid Beverly Regional Transmission Reliability Project
This week (12/15) you can expect the following activities in Beverly:
- Continued work at the manhole location on Broadway near the corner of Broadway and Rantoul Street.
- Duct bank excavation on Wellman Street, between Congress Street and Webber Avenue.
- Excavation work inside the Beverly 12 substation on National Grid’s River Street property.
Please note that parking will be limited on Ferry Street, Waite Street, Peirce Avenue, and Bridge Street in Salem and on Broadway and Wellman Street in Beverly to allow for greater access for National Grid and its contractors.
In both Salem and Beverly, construction will take place between the hours of 7:00 am and 4:30 pm, Tuesday through Friday. Crews will not work on Monday, January 2 in observance of the holiday.
At the expected manhole locations, abutters can expect to see the staging of project materials in the lead up to installation of the manhole. Portions of the street may be closed during staging, as well as during the installation of the manhole. Soil sampling, test pitting, manhole excavation and duct bank excavation all require the use of drills for removing pavement and rock. Additionally, excavators and vacuum trucks will be used for safe and efficient removal of soil. These pieces of equipment generate substantial noise that may be unpleasant to abutters. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we perform this vital work.
Test pit excavation is an important aspect of pre-construction activity, used to locate existing underground utilities that may not have been identified on plans or during past survey work. In Beverly, this work will take place at the expected locations of manholes along the route. Crews expect to take three to five days at each location, dependent on conditions.
For more the latest updates or any materials in Spanish, Albanian or Portuguese, check the website: https://www.beverlyregionaltransmissionreliabilityproject.com/
National Grid Project Hotline: 1-833-238-4743
Sign up for an EMF Survey pre- and post-construction by filling out National Grid's Contact Form.
Deadline for EMF Surveys are still rolling (10/13/22).
- WATCH: June 30, 2022: City Council Special Meeting
- WATCH: May 23, 2022: City Council Special Meeting (no public comment)
- WATCH: May 16, 2022: City Council Public Hearing #4
- WATCH: April 19, 2022: City Council Public Hearing #3
- WATCH: April 4, 2022: City Council Public Hearing #2
- WATCH: March 21, 2022: City Council Public Hearing #1
- Letter to Mayor Cahill and City Councilors from National Grid regarding August Open House - Ju;y 17. 2022
- FINAL Grant of Location, signed by City Council - June 30, 2022
- Revised Draft Grant of Location (Clean) - June 30, 2022
- Revised Draft Grant of Location (Redlined)- June 30, 2022
- Draft Grant of Location - June 24, 2022
- Draft Grant of Location - (Redlined) - June 24, 2022
- Letter to City Council and Elected Officials from Rachel Pohl - June 4, 2022
- Draft Grant of Location for NEP - June 2, 2022
- Letter from the Town of Essex to the Beverly City Council - May 23, 2022
- Letter from the Town of Wenham to Beverly City Council - May 12, 2022
- Subject Areas for Potential Conditions for Grant of Location for NEP Regional Transmission Reliability Project by Attorney Miyares - May 23, 2022
- Letter to Attorney Miyares from National Grid - May 23, 2022
- Letter to National Grid from Attorney Miyares, May 16, 2022
- Letter to City Council from National Grid - May 5, 2022
- Correspondence w/ ESFB regarding the King Street route - April 2022
- Letters to City Council - in the record for May 16, 2022 meeting - Received May 12, 2022
- Letter to the City Clerk (Supplemental Documents) - Received April 15, 2022
- Letter to the City Clerk (Request for Supplemental Documents #2) - Received on April 1, 2022
- March 22, 2022: Ward 2 Civic Association Slide Show
- Letter to City Clerk and City Council (Request for Supplement Documents #1) (received March 21, 2022)
- March 2022: Tetra Tech Peer Review: City of Beverly MBTA Right of Way Constructability
- March 2022: City of Beverly EMF Literature Review Update (Lester study)
- November 2021: National Grid Virtual Open House
- November 2021: City of Beverly EMF Study (Lester study)
- October 2021: ESFB Final Decision
- April 2020: Memorandum of Understanding between National Grid and City of Beverly
- May 2019: National Grid EMF Study (Bailey study)
- September 2018: Constructability Review of New N-192 115KV Transmission Line in the MBTA Right of Way
- September 2018: National Grid City Council Presentation