35 Park Street
Beverly, MA 01915
Monday, Thursday and Friday
10 am to 2 pm
2 to 6 pm
10 am to 6 pm
Two pre-packed bags, one with non-perishables and one with perishables, will be available per household once every two weeks. In lieu of the Weekend Food Bag program, families with school aged children will be able to come to the Food Pantry every week. In addition, the Grab 'n Go program with bags of healthy snacks for those experiencing hardship in acquiring and storing food is available. People who haven't used the Food Pantry before will be asked to fill out a brief in-take form. Please bring re-useable bags to make it easier to carry.
Salvation Army Food Pantry
50 Elliott Street
Beverly, MA 01915
Monday, Wednesday and Friday
9:30 to 11:30 am
Serving Beverly residents only, a form of identification will be required as well as proof of residency. Guests will be asked to wait in the Lobby. For questions, call 978-922-4522.
Update October 23, 2020: The Salvation Army is taking applications now for the holidays until Friday, October 30th. Our Beverly office is open to take applications Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:30 am to 1 pm for Beverly residents.
Pilgrim Church has a deacon's fund that can help people with emergency needs (grocery gift cards, rent, utility bills, etc). Requests can be made by calling or texting Pastor Valerie Doering Crisman at 781-244-0134. No cash is given, but if approved, checks or gift cards can usually be received by those in need within 48 hours.
Living Hope Church of the Nazarene Food Pantry
556 Cabot Street
Beverly, MA 01915
10 am to Noon
Bag of groceries will be handed out one person at a time and/or curbside.
Grab and Go Lunches are available between 11:00 am to 12:00 pm at the back entrance of the Senior Center. You must call and sign up at least one day in advance 978-921-6017.
SeniorCare's home delivered meals/Meals on Wheels program delivers well balanced meals to the door of homebound elders, Monday through Friday. Call SeniorCare to sign up: 1-866-927-105
Beverly Public Schools
Beverly Public Schools feeds all children 18 years of age or younger breakfast and lunch for free. Regardless of their lunch benefit status, all kids will receive three free complete nutritious bagged breakfasts and lunches each pick-up day. Pick up on Tuesday and Friday only at:
- Apple Village, 600 Manor Road 11:30 am to Noon
- BHS, 100 Sohier Road, 10:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Holcroft Park, 10 Gage Street 11:30 am to Noon
Contact Food Service Director Christina Leal, firstname.lastname@example.org or 978-921-6132, ext. 11129 with questions.
Free Meals from Beverly Churches
Take out meals are available at the following times and locations:
- Monday at 6:00 pm - First Baptist Church, 221 Cabot Street
- Tuesday at 6:00 pm - First Parish, Unitarian, 225 Cabot Street
- Wednesday at 6:00 pm - Living Faith United Methodist, 2 Dane Street
- Thursday at 6:00 pm - Living Faith United Methodist, 2 Dane Street
- Friday at 6:00 pm - St. Peter's Episcopal, 4 Ocean Street
- Saturday at 12:30 pm - First Baptist Church, 221 Cabot Street
- Sunday at 6:00 pm - St. Peter's Episcopal, 4 Ocean Street
Grocery stores are offering early morning shopping hours for individuals age 60 and older and/or with weakened immune systems:
- Market Basket - Daily from 6 am to 7 am
- Shaws - Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 am to 9 am
- Stop and Shop - Daily from 6 am to 7:30 am
- Trader Joe's - Daily from 9 to 10 am
- Whole Foods - Daily from 8 am to 9 am
Grocery Delivery Services
- Instacart (computer, smart phone, tablet required) - Online grocery delivery service utilizing paid shoppers to shop stores for perishables and non-perishables. Consumers place order online and select delivery time. Due to unusually high volume, delivery times can be at least a week out.
- Stop and Shop Peapod - Stop and Shop's grocery delivery service. Shop online for perishable and non-perishable goods to be delivered to your home. Due to unusually high volume, delivery can be at least a week out.
- Whole Foods Grocery Delivery - Available to Amazon Prime members only, not available in all zip codes. Check availability at: Wholefoods Delivery and Pickup Website
Walgreens has update their services for seniors including free shipping and Seniors only hours:
CVS is offering free delivery of Rx and every day essentials: