Community Preservation Committee
The City of Beverly established the Community Preservation Committee, as is required by State law, following local adoption of the Community Preservation Act. The Community Preservation Act (CPA) is a smart growth tool that helps communities preserve open space and historic sites, create affordable housing, and develop outdoor recreational facilities. By-products of this law include the overall enhancement of the City's quality of life, retention and creation of jobs, particularly construction jobs, and the potential for increased tourism which helps to support restaurants and retail businesses.
Four CPA applications recommended to the City Council for funding during CPA funding round 8 (2020-21).
- The 3rd Thursday of the Month, or as Posted. Click following link to access the CPC's 2021 meeting calendar: https://www.beverlyma.gov/Admin/DocumentCenter/Document/Edit/1484?folderID=212&renderMode=0&type=0
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
|Heather Richter, Chair - At-Large City Council Appointee||July 31, 2022|
|Derek Beckwith, Vice Chair - Planning Board Representative||July 31, 2023|
|Robert Buchsbaum - Conservation Commission Representative||July 31, 2021|
|Thomas Bussone, II - Housing Authority Representative||July 31, 2021|
|Christy Edwards - At-Large City Council Appointee||July 31, 2023|
|John Hall - At-Large City Council Appointee||July 31, 2021|
|Nancy Marino - Parks and Recreation Commission Representative||July 31, 2022|
|Marilyn McCrory - Open Space and Recreation Committee Representative||July 31, 2023|
|Wendy Pearl, Historic District Commission Representative||July 31, 2022|
- CPA Funding Round Information Includng FAQs, Eligibility Evaluation Criteria, and Procurement Process (PDF)
- Full Application Form with Instructions (PDF)
- PowerPoint Presentation by the Beverly Community Preservation Committee Regarding Application Process plus Background Information (PDF)
- Pre-Application Form with Instructions (PDF)
- Schedule of Important Funding Round Dates and Deadlines (PDF)