Permit fees are payable at the time of application and are non-refundable, except as otherwise provided below. Permit fees cover the cost of administration, plan reviews and inspections.
Fees for permits issued are eligible for partial refund only under the following circumstances:
- No work shall have taken place associated with the permit
- Refunds may only be requested by and paid to the party that paid the fee
- The request for a refund must be in writing or email and must provide cause as to why the permit is no longer required
- Request must be made within 90 days of the date the permit was issued
- Any decreased cost of construction resulting from the alteration of construction plans will not result in the refund of any amount of the paid permit fee
A $65 application fee will be deducted from all permit refunds.
In addition to the $65 application fee, permits that require plan review and/or inter-office review (such as new structures, additions, alterations, decks, etc.) a 20% review fee will be deducted from the refund if the review has begun. A full refund may be granted for any fee that was erroneously paid
This policy is effective April 1, 2019.