November 30th, 2023 Update
- Bridge Street Project: Public hearing webinar. Project Updates.
During paving operations it is critical to the success of the project that all vehicles are off the road by 7 am or they will be towed. Police details, City of Beverly personnel, and the Contractor Crew will be able to assist you during this process.
2023 Current Paving Projects
- Beckford Street (All) - Reclaim and Pave - Summer 2023 - Completed
- Cabot Street (Federal St to Broadway): Grind/Pave and Sidewalks - Spring 2023
- Colon Street (Brimbal Avenue to Heather Street): Sidewalks, - Spring 2023 - Completed
- Woodland Avenue (Livingstone Intersection) - Handicap Ramps - Week of April 17th - Completed
- Bertram Street (All) - Grind/Pave and Sidewalk Repairs - Summer 2023 - Completed
- Sherman Street (All) - Grind/Pave and Sidewalk Repairs - Summer 2023 - Completed
- Lowell Street (All) - Grind/Pave and Sidewalk Repairs - Summer 2023 - Completed
- Russell Street (All) - Grind/Pave - Summer 2023 - Completed
- Oakmont Road (All) - Grind/Pave and Sidewalk Repairs - Summer 2023 - Completed
- Beverly Hills Avenue (All) - Reclaim/Pave and Sidewalk Repairs - Summer/Fall 2023 - Completed
- Sunset Drive (Elliott St to Beverly Hills Ave) - Reclaim/Pave and Sidewalk Repairs - Summer/Fall 2023 - Completed
- Elliott Street (Beverly Hills Ave to County Way) - Completed
- Crack sealing: Various Locations - Completed
Cabot/Congress/Summit Streets - Our sidewalk contractor completed most of the reconstruction of the sidewalk and curbing in front of Rowand's and Congress Street as well as at the parking lot across from the Anchor. The contractor will finish the project when McCourt Construction completes the 115KV line installation in the area.
It is important to note that there is no exact schedule or timeline. During sidewalk construction, it is possible that trees may need to be replaced. Please check this website frequently for Paving Related Updates. Follow us on Twitter @BeverlyEngineer.
Important Information for Those Residents Affected by the Street Paving Projects
Upon completion of the paving projects, the newly paved streets will not be permitted to be dug/opened for at least five years based on the road age and/or Pavement Condition Index (PCI) rating (PDF) (if approved by the Engineering Department). Therefore, if there is any pending underground utility work to be performed it must be completed prior to completion of the paving project.
Examples of Underground Utility work are but not limited to:
- Natural Gas: In the event you do not have natural gas service and are interested in changing to natural gas, we would suggest that you contact National Grid (800-233-5325) to schedule your service at this time. Please notify the Engineering Department if you need assistance you with expediting your request 978-605-2358).
- Sewer (chronic issues should be addressed at this time and should be brought to the attention of the Engineering Department 978-605-2358)
- Sump Pump: If you have a sump pump it may be possible to connect to the City's drainage infrastructure. Call the Engineering Department if you need assistance with this matter 978-605-2358).
- Water (volume, pressure, and quality issues should be brought to the attention of the Water Department at this time 978-921-6057)
The Engineering Department is available to assist you with any questions or concerns you have. We will also be updating this important project with information that can be found on this link as it becomes available.
Beverly's Road PCI ratings report.