November 5, 2020 Update
- Bridge Street Project: Public hearing webinar.
- Cabot Street: Project website.
- Essex Street: Final pavement is scheduled for Saturday November 7.
- Nelson Avenue: The sidewalks and berm are currently being completed. The structures are scheduled to be raised on Monday November 9, 2020. Final pavement will be scheduled ASAP once the SWs and berm are complete.
- Odell Avenue: National Grid Gas needs to replace their main and services to plastic this winter and then the City can complete the sidewalks and pave the road next spring.
- Standley Street: The structures are scheduled to be raised on Tuesday November 10, 2020 and then final pavement will be scheduled.
During paving operations it is critical to the success of the project that all vehicles are off the road by 7 am or they will be towed. Police details, City of Beverly personnel, and the Contractor Crew will be able to assist you during this process.
2020 Current Paving Projects
- Cabot Street (Pond Street - Abbott Street): Complete Street Restoration
- Essex Street (Route 128 Overpass - Groce Street): Grind/Overlay and Sidewalks
- McKay Street (Elliott Street - Glidden Street): Grind/Overlay and some Sidewalk repairs
- Nelson Avenue (Robb Road to Dodge Street): Reclaim and Sidewalks
- Odell Avenue (Baker Avenue to Spring Street): Reclaim and Sidewalks
- Standley Street (Foster Street to Route 128 Overpass): Reclaim and Pave Crack sealing: 2021
It is important to note that there is no exact schedule or timeline. During sidewalk construction, it is possible that trees may need to be replaced. Please check this website frequently for Paving Related Updates. Follow us on Twitter @BeverlyEngineer.
Important Information for Those Residents Affected by the Street Paving Projects
Upon completion of the paving projects, the newly paved streets will not be permitted to be dug/opened for at least five years based on the road age and/or Pavement Condition Index (PCI) rating (PDF) (if approved by the Engineering Department). Therefore, if there is any pending underground utility work to be performed it must be completed prior to completion of the paving project.
Examples of Underground Utility work are but not limited to:
- Natural Gas: In the event you do not have natural gas service and are interested in changing to natural gas, we would suggest that you contact National Grid (800-233-5325) to schedule your service at this time. Please notify the Engineering Department if you need assistance you with expediting your request 978-605-2358).
- Sewer (chronic issues should be addressed at this time and should be brought to the attention of the Engineering Department 978-605-2358)
- Sump Pump: If you have a sump pump it may be possible to connect to the City's drainage infrastructure. Call the Engineering Department if you need assistance with this matter 978-605-2358).
- Water (volume, pressure, and quality issues should be brought to the attention of the Water Department at this time 978-921-6057)
The Engineering Department is available to assist you with any questions or concerns you have. We will also be updating this important project with information that can be found on this link as it becomes available.