Economic & Business Development
Welcome to Beverly!
The City of Beverly is a spectacular location to live, work, play, learn and grow your business. Explore our economic development web page to learn more about Beverly's vibrant economy, many amenities, natural beauty and welcoming neighborhoods. Please get in touch with the Planning and Development Department at 978-605-2344 if you have questions about Beverly, the permitting process, retail/commercial space for sale or lease, and more. To artists and all creatives, remember that Beverly has an incredibly active ARTS AND CULTURAL DISTRICT right downtown-a perfect place for you to locate!
Building permit, food permit, signage approval, common victualler license, licensing related to sale/service of alcoholic beverages are just some of the permits and approvals that you may need depending on the type of business you own and what you need to do to prepare the location. Please click on "Permitting and Licensing" in the column to your left for more detailed information.
Arts and Culture
We love our artists and their murals! Below are just some of the murals here in Beverly. Note: The "Black Lives Matter" mural is now on display inside the Beverly Public Library, 32 Essex Street, its new, permanent home! See link for story in The Salem News. The mural was also spotlighted by Main Street America.
- NORTH SHORE LATINO BUSINESS ASSOCIATION- their mission is, in part, to promote and engage in the advancement of the economic, cultural and civic interest of its members, to provide educational and public service to its members, and to develop relationships with other Associations, Organizations, and Individuals. They are a membership organization. Please check out their website.
- ARTISTS! Did you know that Creative County (produced by Essex County Community Foundation) is a website devoted to promoting artists and events. It will only be successful if you use it. Please check it out by clicking this link!
- Blue Economy and Innovation: Read this article about a collaborative effort North of Boston focused on sustaining and growing sustainable ocean-based industry in Essex County's coastal communities.
- City of Beverly has a designated opportunity zone (PDF).
- View a map highlighting commercial and industrial zones and points of interest (JPG).