*Trash and recycling collection during snow events*
Because trash and recycling must be collected five days per week, collection will take place on your scheduled day unless conditions prevent trucks from negotiating the streets. Any changes to the scheduled collection will be posted on the City’s web page under the “Snow Parking Ban” banner.
- Questions relative to trash, recycling (and related equipment), yard waste, and electronics collections that is not on the website, call the Engineering Department at (978) 605-2355.
- Trash must be curbside by seven (7:00 AM) to insure trash will be collected. The City does not control collection routes and therefore cannot dictate the time of day when trash will be collected. The hauler has no obligation to return to addresses if trash has not been presented on time.
- For hazardous waste-related questions call the Health Department at (978) 921-8591.
- For home composting bins, call Community Development at (978) 605-2382.
1. Acceptable Barrels are 35 gallons and may not weigh over 40 pounds
2. Standley Street Compost Facility - Directions
- March 25 to December 23, 2013 (or until first significant snowfall)
- Monday, Thursday and Saturday between 8:00 am and 3:30 pm
3. Curbside Yard Waste Collection
4. Trash Disposal Guidelines
5. Ink and Toner Cartridges
- Collection containers at City Hall, Memorial Building, Board of Health, and Keller-Williams office at Cummings Center. See Flyer
6. Electronics Collection (anything with a cord)
- May 4, 2013 at Beverly High School. See Flyer
7. TV’s and CRT’s (monitors)
- By Appointment with the Engineering Department and payment of $20.00 fee
- Any office product may be taken to Staples for collection and recycling
- Tube TV's and monitors less than 32" can be taken to Best Buy for free. See link
8. White Goods Collection
- By Appointment on the third Saturday of each month. Please call the Engineering Department at (978) 921-6000 x2355
- Another Option through National Grid for refrigerators and freezers.
9. Compost Bins
- Call Community Development Office at (978) 605-2382. Bins are $40.
10. Propane Tanks
- May be returned to Dawson’s Hardware ($5 fee) or Cabot Fuels
11. Recycling Carts for Paper recycling
- 65 Gallon: $35; 96 Gallon $45. $10 for delivery
- Call the Engineering Dept. 978-605-2355