We are seeking a 7D or CDL (with passenger endorsements) licensed driver to drive senior citizens to and from destinations in Beverly, M-Th. Responsible for transportation of passengers in a timely, safe and proficient manner to designated sites in Beverly and surrounding communities. It is anticipated that the temporary position will be available from June –August 2018.
- Provide transportation services to senior and/or disabled clients in a timely, safe and proficient manner to designated sites, in an assigned vehicle.
- Communicate safety and boarding/disembarking instructions to passengers.
- Continually communicate with dispatch, throughout shift, regarding location, schedules and passengers
- Offer assistance to riders as needed, including loading wheelchairs onto lift.
- Complete daily vehicle inspection form for assigned vehicle(s), reporting problems as they occur.
- Report and record maintenance problems to the Transportation Coordinator/Dispatcher.
- Maintain appearance and cleanliness of assigned vehicle(s).
- Alert Transportation Coordinator of concerns about individual passengers as they occur and complete “client of concern” form as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent, required.
- Ability to use wheelchair lift and load wheelchair clients.
- Current CDL driver’s license with passenger endorsements, preferred, 7D license considered.
- Driving experience and a good driving record
- Minimum one year of CDL experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Beverly and North Shore areas.
- Good organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to operate vehicle radio system to clearly communicate destinations, locations and passenger information.
- Experience with elders and disabled preferred.
- Patient, flexible and dependable attitude and good character references.
- Successful completion of CORI background check.
- Subject to random drug testing
Works under the daily supervision of the Transportation Coordinator/Dispatcher with additional direction provided by the Director or Assistant Director as needed.