This individual will be responsible for managing the park rangers during the spring, summer and fall seasons to ensure the safety and cleanliness at all parks and that all regulations are being enforced at Lynch Park or other parks and facilities. Rangers shall report directly to the Recreation Facilities Coordinator. In addition, this individual will assist the Director of Parks, Recreation & Community Services and office staff with projects in the office or at other facilities throughout the year.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Recruit and hire park ranger staff. Manage, train and schedule park rangers during the spring, summer and fall seasons to ensure that all facilities are kept clean and safe and that all park regulations are enforced. Provide orientation and in-service training for park rangers.
- Manage and coordinate repairs and projects at Lynch Park and other facilities. Create a system or utilize an existing system to track such repairs and projects.
- Manage and coordinate cleaning projects at all facilities. Create a system or utilize an existing system to track such cleaning projects.
- Assign staff to assist with set up, breakdown and clean-up of functions and events at the Lynch Park Carriage House, Camp Paradise, Dane Street Beach or other facilities.
- Manage and oversee inventory of supplies and equipment facility (Paper products, cleaning supplies, tools, etc.). Place orders for new supplies and equipment.
- Assist the Director of Parks, Recreation & Community Services with oversight and permitting of all parks and facilities within the Park, Recreation & Community Services Department including all fields, playgrounds and facilities including Lynch Park, Dane Street Beach, Camp Paradise and Obear Park.
- Assist Director of Parks, Recreation & Community Services with tasks such as playground safety inspections, equipment orders and repairs and other tasks.
- Assist the Recreation office staff as needed with tasks and projects throughout the year.
- Perform related duties as required.
Recreation Facilities Coordinator shall be a person especially fitted by education, experience and training to perform the duties of this position.
Employee will be expected to perform duties independently and with little supervision.
Certified Playground Safety Inspector (CPSI) certification may be required.
Supervisory experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand or walk for long periods of time.
The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms, climb or balance or stoop.
The employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The employee must be able to be mobile and respond to issues in the parks or work on projects throughout the parks (painting, cleaning, minor repairs, etc.).
Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.