Performs a variety of moderate to complex clerical duties requiring a considerable degree of decision-making and a thorough knowledge of all phases of clinic operation. May have supervision over a small number of volunteers performing work of routine or moderate complexity. May be supervised by other members of the Health Department as determined by the director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Participates in preparing and maintaining reports, correspondences, patient records, purchase orders, personnel attendance records, etc.
- Provides oral and written information of clinic activities to patients/legal guardians and other interested parties.
- Compiles statistic of services performed via the clinic to write monthly and annual reports.
- Preparation, submission and tracking of insurance billing information.
- Answers and fields telephone calls, general inquiries and provides referrals when necessary.
- Assists with the preparation and implementation of various special projects, examples include: clinics, fairs and school events. These events may require occasional weekend or evening hours.
- Knowledge of the principles of business office management.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with a broad segment of the general public especially school-aged children.
- Ability to maintain data and records electronically using recognized computer software.
- Willingness to expand knowledge and skills of computer and office procedures as requested.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks.
- Previous office experience and computer literacy required.
- Previous dental office experience preferred.
- Valid drivers license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms, climb or balance or stoop.
The employee must lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Interested applicants should submit resumes to email@example.com or mail to City of Beverly, Human Resources, 191 Cabot Street, Beverly, MA 01915.