Title: Part-Time Mechanic, Airport
Supervisor: Airport Manager
Civil Service: No
The airport mechanic is directly responsible for repairing, maintaining and operating all airport equipment, maintaining runway and taxiway lighting fixtures and identifier signs, and maintaining pedestrian and vehicle access gates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Performs the following services: Equipment repair, maintenance and operation, building maintenance, mowing grass, snow removal, airfield lighting fixture/bulb replacement, painting, litter control, pavement repair and tree and brush cutting.
- As required response to after-hours emergencies on weekdays, weekends and on holidays (i.e., snow removal, aircraft crash, ramp checks, airfield lighting failure, runway field condition inspections, runway braking action reports and picking up debris on runways).
- Assists as needed in daily inspection of runways, taxiways, ramps and airfield
- Security inspections (i.e., gates, security fencing and outside lighting).
- Issues NOTAMS in accordance with field inspection compliance.
- Provide airport manager with annual equipment status showing general condition, maintenance history, approximate hours of use and estimate of future usefulness.
- Compiles and maintains records of preventative maintenance (i.e., oil changes, filter changes, greasing and major component installations).
- High School education, preferably with automotive or diesel mechanics and at least three (3) years mechanic experience.
- Must have knowledge of gasoline and diesel engine operation and vehicular electrical systems.
- Must have valid Massachusetts CDL driver’s license with air brake endorsement.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to reach out with hands and arms. The employee is required to talk and hear.
The employee must lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
Interested candidates should submit applications/resumes to email@example.com or mail to: City of Beverly, Human Resources, 191 Cabot Street, Beverly, MA 01915