Performs a variety of clerical duties requiring a basic knowledge of the functions of the Police Department; data entry, and assisting public, Police Department personnel, government agencies and attorneys within the law and regulations of the state.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Process citations in ProIV, mail to RMV, and maintain agency copy for 1 year.
- Provide all citation books/parking ticket books as well as sign out sheets for books issued.
- Process citation appeals weekly for Traffic Sergeant. .
- Process all immediate threats/operating after suspension/revocation forms with traffic sergeant and forward to RMV.
- Receive and review all crash reports, export to RMV, review and attach all operator reports after confirming all information is complete.
- Assist the public, insurance companies, government agencies, lawyers and others as directed by supervisor in acquiring all reports/statistics/information permitted by law.
- Work closely with Traffic Sergeant on all taxi cab and chauffer license to operate applications and permits. Once issued to driver, maintain spreadsheet, file and update ProIV. Post revenue as needed in Munis and make deposit with Collector’s office.
- Follow all rules of Record Retention Law and current office procedures.
- Assumes additional duties of the Administrative Assistant I as needed and in his/her absence, including NIBRS.
- Attend training sessions as required.
- Proficient in understanding and following the current laws regarding Massachusetts Public Records Law. Inform the public of law when necessary, and work closely with the Records Access Officer (RAO) on all request that require approval.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word & Excel).
- Ability to deal effectively with other employees, agencies, and the general public.
- Flexible in performance functions and able to adapt to various conditions.
- Must be able to pass the Board of Probation check and CORI cleared.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate in an effective and professional manner
- 3+ years working in office administration and customer service preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Interested candidates should submit applications/resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: City of Beverly, Human Resources, 191 Cabot Street, Beverly, MA 01915