Works as part of the Council on Aging’s Outreach Team and is responsible for providing information, referral and advocacy to seniors and their families. Participates in the identification, documentation and resolution of the human service needs of seniors in the Beverly Community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for identifying, documenting, and addressing the needs of seniors and their families, including filing protective services reports according to state guidelines.
- Provide seniors and their families with information, referral and advocacy assistance.
- Continually develop and improve knowledge of community resources and services available; maintain and update resource files and information kiosks as necessary.
- Plan and implement informational and educational programs and presentations for seniors at the center and in the community.
- Maintain statistical information for reporting.
- Attend community meetings as assigned.
- Assist the Director and Assistant Director as requested.
- Minimum of Associate’s Degree in gerontology, human services, or related field. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience working with outreach, information and referral programs preferred.
- Good social, interpersonal, listening, observation, and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to work with discretion.
- Strong computer skills needed.
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Public speaking experience preferred.
- Successful completion of CORI background check.
Works under the general direction of the Assistant Director, Council on Aging.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms; climb, balance; and stoop.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance, vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Interested candidates should submit applications/resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: City of Beverly, Human Resources, 191 Cabot Street, Beverly, MA 01915