Responsible for transportation of passengers in a timely, safe and proficient manner to designated sites in Beverly and surrounding communities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Provide transportation services to senior and/or disabled clients in a timely, safe and proficient manner to designated sites, in an assigned vehicle.
- Communicate safety and boarding/disembarking instructions to passengers.
- Continually communicate with dispatch, throughout shift, regarding location, schedules and passengers
- Offer assistance to riders as needed, including loading wheelchairs onto lift.
- Complete daily vehicle inspection form for assigned vehicle(s), reporting problems as they occur.
- Report and record maintenance problems to the Transportation Coordinator/Dispatcher.
- Maintain appearance and cleanliness of assigned vehicle(s).
- Alert Transportation Coordinator of concerns about individual passengers as they occur and complete “client of concern” form as needed.
- Assist as back-up to transportation coordinator/dispatcher as needed.
- Assist the Director and Assistant Director as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent, required.
- Ability to use wheelchair lift and load wheelchair clients.
- Current CDL driver’s license with passenger endorsements, experience and a good driving record.
- Minimum one year of CDL experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Beverly and North Shore areas.
- Good organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to operate vehicle radio system to clearly communicate destinations, locations and passenger information.
- Experience with elders and disabled preferred.
- Patient, flexible and dependable attitude and good character references.
- CPR, First Aid, and First Response training required within first year on job.
- Successful completion of CORI background check.
- Subject to random drug testing and yearly physical exams.
Works under the daily supervision of the Transportation Coordinator/Dispatcher with additional direction provided by the Director or Assistant Director as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee frequently is required to drive, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, steer and drive vehicles, reach with hands and arms; climb, balance; and stoop.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance, vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.