Perform duties required for the enforcement of all parking rules and regulations of the City and State.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Patrol assigned areas primarily on foot and by vehicle to identify illegally parked cars.
- Issue citations for parking violations in accordance with the City parking ordinance.
- Maintain communications with the Senior Parking Control Officer, other Parking Control Officers, and the Police Department using a two-way radio or cell phone.
- Notify Police Headquarters of the location of abandoned or suspected stolen motor vehicles.
- Report the location of parking meters and automated pay stations not operating properly to the
- Public Services Department Traffic Division in writing.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Commissioner of Public Services or his designee that are not considered to be a Police function.
- Must have some knowledge of City parking regulations, parking facility programs and operations, and the geographic layout of the City.
- Must have valid Massachusetts driver’s license.
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle while observing parking violations and conditions.
- Ability to maintain accurate records both electronically and manually.
- Ability to work outside during all four seasons and in inclement weather conditions.
- Ability to walk considerable distances during shift.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective and tactful public relations with motorists and the general public.
- Ability to proficiently operate handheld computer ticketing equipment, mobile license plate recognition systems, and automated pay stations.
- Availability to work evening and Saturday hours.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms, climb or balance or stoop.
The employee must lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The primary work area is outside. This includes during rain, snow, heat and cold. Frequently stepping over obstacles up to 12 inches high.
Interested candidates should submit applications/resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: City of Beverly, Human Resources, 191 Cabot Street, Beverly, MA 01915