Perform duties required for the enforcement of all parking rules and regulations of the City and State.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Surveys assigned areas to identify illegally parked cars.
- Issues tickets to persons whose vehicles accordance with City parking ordinance.
- Notifies Police Headquarters of the location of abandoned or suspected stolen motor vehicles.
- Reports the location of traffic meters not operating properly to the Public Services Department Traffic Division in writing.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned by the Commissioner of Public Services or his designee that are not considered to be a Police function.
- Must have some knowledge of City parking regulations, parking facility programs and operations.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to work outside in all kinds of weather
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective public relations with motorists.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms, climb or balance or stoop.
The employee must lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The primary work area is outside. This includes during rain, snow, heat and cold. Frequently stepping over obstacles up to 12 inches high.