For Immediate Release Friday, May 4, 2018
MassDOT Advisory: Beverly – Route 1A Overnight paving and lane closures on two sections of Route 1A Overnight work starts Sunday, May 6 BEVERLY – The Massachusetts Department of Transportation has announced that overnight roadway repairs on Route 1A in Beverly will begin on Sunday, May 6, and continue through approximately May 23. In order to allow crews and contractors to safely and effectively conduct operations, traffic impacts including lane closures and alternating one-way traffic will be necessary at times.
The full hours of the work each night will be 8 p.m., through 5 a.m., and some work related activities such as utility structure adjustments or installing pavement markings may be carried out during off-peak daytime hours of 9 a.m., through 3 p.m.
The sections of Route 1A where work will occur include:
- Dodge Street – between the Route 128 interchange and the Beverly/Wenham Town Line.
- Cabot Street – between the intersection of Route 97/County Way and Roosevelt Avenue.
MassDOT encourages drivers to reduce speed and use caution while approaching and traveling through the work zone. Police details, signs, pavement markings and channelizing devices will be used to guide drivers through the work area. Message boards have been activated to notify travelers of next week’s scheduled work.
The schedule for this work is weather dependent and subject to change without notice.
For more information on traffic conditions travelers are encouraged to:
- Dial 511 before heading out onto the roadways and select a route to hear real-time conditions.
- Visit www.mass511.com, a website which provides real-time traffic and incident advisory information, access to traffic cameras, and allows users to subscribe to text and email alerts for traffic conditions.
- Follow MassDOT on Twitter @MassDOT to receive regular updates on road and traffic conditions.
- Download MassDOT’s GoTime mobile app and view real-time traffic conditions before setting out on the road.