Process incoming and outgoing mail, provide switchboard coverage, perform general cleaning, and light duty tasks for all departments within City Hall:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Process daily, 1st class, bulk and certified mail
- Sort and distribute mail to departments in City Hall
- Deliver and pick up interoffice mail in City Hall
- Responsible for processing and delivery of bulk mail to Tozier Road Post Office
- Check postage meter balance
- Produce monthly postage reports by department
- Responsible for the operation of the mailroom folding machine
- Assist all departments with filling of envelopes for bulk mailings
- Provide Courier service for all City departments
- Provide daily switchboard coverage when vacated due to illness, vacation, meal breaks or other leave
- Perform general cleaning services to include routine cleaning within City Hall on a regular basis as well as site specific cleaning projects as needed
- Spot check all City Hall restrooms for cleanliness, disinfect and clean all surfaces as needed
- Spot check conference rooms, break room, and appliances, disinfect and clean all surfaces as needed
- Replenish all restrooms with supplies as needed
- Clear City Hall exterior stairs and walkways of snow using snow shovel and/or snow blower
- Apply salt and/or sand as needed to City Hall exterior stairs and walkways
- Deliver office supplies to all on site/offsite departments as needed
- Refill paper in all copy machines as needed
- Monitor and maintain proper supply of copy paper
- Perform light duty tasks and repairs for departments within City Hall as needed
- Move boxes/books, etc. to and from basement for all departments
- Perform copy and scanning services to departments within City Hall as needed
- Post Surplus items for sale on auction websites as needed.
- Return emptied recycle toters to proper locations within City Hall
- Change out water cooler bottles throughout City Hall as needed
High School diploma or GED
Must be able to read and write English.
Must have a valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Must have basic computer skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms, climb or balance or stoop.
The employee must lift and/or move up to 55 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.