The Junior Building Custodian works under the general direction of the Library Director or designee, the Highway & Building Maintenance Foreman and the senior custodian in the performance of general custodial duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains library facilities at the Main Library and the Beverly Farms Library Branch. Ensures that buildings and grounds are clean and safe.
- Performs minor maintenance, repair tasks and painting.
- Changes filters and belts on the building ventilation system and other light maintenance tasks.
- Oversees boilers, pumps, generators, HVAC systems. Ensures that vendors provide proper and timely maintenance.
- Cleans, sweeps, vacuums, washes, changes light bulbs, and empties trash.
- Picks up litter, mows lawns, trims hedges, and performs minor landscaping tasks.
- Removes snow.
- Delivers mail to City Hall and Post Office.
- Picks up daily newspapers.
- Distributes mail and packages to appropriate library departments.
- Delivers library materials to and from Beverly Farms Branch Library.
- Unloads delivered goods.
- Sets up meeting rooms.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other staff members.
- Communicates effectively and politely with the public.
- High School diploma
- MA driver’s license (CDL license preferred).
- 1 year custodial and/or building maintenance experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms, climb or balance or stoop.
The employee must lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate but occasionally loud.
Interested candidates should submit applications/resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: City of Beverly, Human Resources, 191 Cabot Street, Beverly, MA 01915