Supervises employees of all divisions of the Public Services Department and outside contractors and vendors and coordinates resources to accomplish ongoing projects. Performs related work as required.
Works under the direct supervision of the Director of Public Services who assigns and inspects work for compliance with standards. Exercises full supervision over all employees by assigning duties and following up to insure completion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following: other duties may be assigned.
• Performs layout work with survey instruments.
• Inspects and diagnoses problems with sewer, water and drainage systems.
• Communicates and coordinates with outside vendors
• Prepares plans and reports on DPS related topics.
• Coordinates with local, State and Federal agencies for disaster recovery and reimbursement.
• Communicates extensively with the public.
• Assists in the preparation of yearly reports such as the budget, road inventory, water statistical report and annual report of the department.
• Oversees discipline within the department.
• Assist the Director in managing all functions of the department.
• Extensive specific knowledge of the infrastructure of the City of Beverly.
• Knowledge of the water system including location and size of mains, hydrants and valves.
• Good knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work.
• Familiarity with land surveying techniques and ability to determine boundary and easement locations.
• Ability to keep extensive records and make reports.
• Strong management skill.
• Experience managing in a Union Shop environment.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Extensive general civil construction experience and knowledge of methods and modern practices.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical effort generally required. Ability to lift or move items weighing more than 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, climb and talk or hear. The employee is required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, and stoop.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment varies from moderate to high.
Interested candidates should submit applications/resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: City of Beverly, Human Resources, 191 Cabot Street, Beverly, MA 01915