Supervises Public Services employees engaged in the construction, maintenance and repair of:
- Mowing, seeding, fertilizing and maintaining lawns owned by the City of Beverly; planting and trimming hedges; removing weeds, raking and disposing of leaves and refuse.
- Installation of edging and mulch; planting of flowers, hedges and trees.
- Design of landscaping improvements, planting plans and irrigation systems for City owned property, athletic fields and street right-of-ways, estimation and purchase of landscaping materials for the same.
- Maintaining inventory of landscaping tools, equipment and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Works under the supervision of a Working Foreman who assigns and inspects work for compliance with standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Assembles work crews, materials and tools necessary to accomplish assigned construction, maintenance or repair work on park grounds, sports fields, maintaining lawns, planting of flowers, hedges and trees; trimming hedges; design of landscaping improvements, planting plans and irrigation system. Performs above mentioned functions.
- Informs supervisors of materials needed and delivery requirements.
- Good knowledge of the construction and maintenance requirements of the Public Services Department; ability to assign and supervise the work of others; dependability.
- Associates or Bachelors degree in landscape relate field desired; an additional two (2) to four (4) years direct experience may be substituted for degree qualifications.
- Three (3) to five (5) years work experience.
- Strong technical skills in all faucets of landscape maintenance, construction and irrigation systems.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks as assigned with a minimum of supervision.
- Possession of a valid Commercial Driver’s License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical effort generally required. Ability to lift or move items weighing more than 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, climb and talk or hear. The employee is required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, and stoop.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment varies from moderate to high.
Interested candidates should submit applications/resumes to email@example.com or mail to: City of Beverly, Human Resources, 191 Cabot Street, Beverly, MA 01915