Volunteer service at the Senior Center offers:
- Flexible Schedule
- Making New Friends
- Community Involvement
- Annual Volunteer Recognition Events
The Beverly Council on Aging is a great place to complete your school internship. The seniors love meeting students and there is a great variety of opportunities. We have hosted students from Salem State College, Endicott, Gordon and North Shore Community College, and welcome more! Contact Director MaryAnn Holak to discuss further.
People are always needed for a variety of volunteer jobs at the Senior Center. These positions offer the enrichment found by helping others. Without these dedicated individuals, we could not provide the variety of services and programs to the seniors in our community. Just give us a call!! 978-921-6017
- Friendly Caller: Make weekly calls to homebound seniors
- BEV CAM Volunteers: Learn to work in front of and behind the scenes of the Senior Center’s TV show Livin’ the Good Life.
- Computer Instructors/Assistants: We need teachers and assistants to help grow the number of computer classes and help provide quality instruction (all levels needed).
- Cafe on the Hill Coffee Maker: Make coffee in the Dining Room one day a week for 4 hours
- Newsletter: preparing The Garden City Courier, for monthly mailings
- Reception desk volunteer: Answer phone calls and field questions from seniors coming through the front doors.
- Health clinic receptionist (podiatrist and blood pressure)
- Food service volunteer for our daily lunch
- Musical entertainers
- Filing and updating
- Custodial help indoors and outdoors
- Activities assistant
- Knitters and Crocheters Group: Knitting and crocheting for newborns, small children, and seniors in our community
- Senior Day at Lynch Park
- Host/Hostess for special events
- Lunch reservations
…And much more!! Call us today to set up a time to discuss how you would like to help.
Contact: Gail Murley, Volunteer Coordinator
978-921-6017 or firstname.lastname@example.org