Under the management of the City Collector the office is generally responsible for the collection and posting of all amounts due to the City.
• Quarterly collection of property taxes on almost 12,000 real property accounts and 1,000 personal property accounts
• Billing and collecting in excess of 45,000 motor vehicle excise accounts
• Monthly billing and collection of 3500 utility accounts
• Parking Ticket record keeping and receipts
- 1. How often are tax bills issued?
- 2. What is a fiscal year?
- 3. When are tax bills due?
- 4. What should I do if I don’t receive my tax bill?
Quarterly during a fiscal year.
A fiscal year covers the period from July 1 of one calendar year and ends on June 30 of the following calendar year.
August 1 – November 1 – February 1 – May 1
Each homeowner is responsible for their tax bill even if it is not received in the mail. Please contact the Collector’s office immediately if your bill is not received prior to the above mentioned due dates. Bills are mailed 30 days prior to the due dates. If you are a new homeowner you must contact the assessor’s office with this information.