The office of the City Clerk is a service department within the municipal government upon which the City Council, all City departments, and the general public rely for information regarding the operations and legislative history of the City. The City Clerk serves as the liaison between the public and City Council and provides related municipal services.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- maintenance of factual public records.
- the fair administration of elections.
- attends and keeps records of all meetings of the City Council.
- completing a yearly City Census and publishing a street listing book available to the public for $30.00.
- records and issues birth, death and marriage certificates $10.00 per copy as well as the issuing of other licenses.
- the Clerk and all members of the staff are Notary Publics and have the authority to notarize documents signed in their presence.
- the Clerk is the official keeper of the City Seal.
CITY CLERK ONLINE TRANSACTIONS