Permits and Licenses

Permits and Licenses


Dog Licensing

Dog licensing can be done online, by mail or in person at the City Clerk’s Office in City Hall.  Dog license renewals are due every year by April 1st.  Renewal forms are sent attached to the bottom City Census and can be filled out and mailed back to the Clerk’s Office. For questions or assistance with licensing a dog please contact the City Clerk’s Office at (978)605-2326.

To register a dog online please follow the link below and select Beverly – City Clerk

Dog License Application (Online Only)


Kennel Licensing

Kennel Licenses are issued to commercial kennels, including by not limited to dog daycare and boarding facilities that are properly zoned in areas of business. If you are applying as a new applicant for a Commercial Kennel License please click on the link below for the initial application for a Kennel License, fill it out and return it to us for review.

Commercial Kennel License Application


Keeping of Animals

Keeping of Animals Permits are issued by the City of Beverly Board of Health.  These permits are required in order to own livestock or non-traditional domestic animals, including but not limited to chickens, goats and horses. Please see the following link for the application and the Keeping of Animals Board of Health Regulation. This application should be filled out and submitted to the Board of Health for review. Any questions regarding this process or application should be directed to the Board of Health by contacting (978)921-8591.

Keeping of Animals Application & Regulations