Beverly Animal Control Mission
We are dedicated to providing prompt, courteous and professional services to the citizens of Beverly, MA.
- The prevention and eradication of rabies by:
- Educating the public concerning local and state laws
- Promoting animal owner responsibility
- Protecting the public from stray or dangerous animals
- To provide service to the public and animals through impoundment of stray animals and timely response to other animal related calls
- Issue warnings or citations as necessary
- Investigate and prosecute animal cruelty and abuse cases
- Promote the continuation of advanced education and training for Animal Control Officers
Duties and Responsibilities of the Animal Control Department
- Enforcement of all laws, local and state, relative to animals.
- Ensuring all dogs in the City of Beverly are licensed appropriately.
- Ensuring all canines, felines and ferrets in the City of Beverly are immunized against rabies as required by State Statute.
- Investigates complaints such as nuisances, canine/feline bites, wildlife calls and complaints, and reports of cruelty/inhumane care and mistreatment of animals.
- Routinely conducts patrols of city parks, beaches, cemeteries and various other areas throughout the City of Beverly to ensure compliance with city ordinances.
- Works with the Board of Health to ensure all rabies related matters, including quarantines, and barn inspections are handled in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for inspecting and permitting all of the dog daycare and boarding facilities to ensure operation of business is in compliance with the standard set by Massachusetts General Law.